Replace your status (deletes your status and adds a new status).
| 1 (required)|| Text|| Status Message. (see STATUS for more details)|
See the syntax
page and the parameter defaults
page for information on setting your default parameters.
The following Preferences apply to this command:
See the general preferences
page for a list of preferences that apply to all (or most) commands.
- This is a useful command for automating your status updates without filling up your wall with updates
- RESTATUS will only work, if you had set your original status with FBCMD.
- If the previous status had comments, then you can save those comments and add a new status (-cnew=1) or lose those comments (-cnew=0)
- RESTATUS requires extended PUBLISH permissions: click (here) to grant fbcmd the PUBLISH permissions
- Special post_id keywords require extended READ permissions: click (here) to grant fbcmd the READ permissions
fbcmd STATUS "iss makking a ttypo"
fbcmd RESTATUS "is much better now"
fbcmd RESTATUS "doesn't want to lose old comments" -cnew=1
fbcmd RESTATUS "doesn't care about old comments" -cnew=0